Specialists for Jacquard weaving and narrow fabrics
The TITV is a reliable R&D partner for using different weaving technologies and a wide range of technical yarns to create and optimise woven structures particularly for e-textiles. The development activities include weaving trials with new yarn materials, creation of complex Jacquard structures, improvement of weaving processes and machine equipment up to small-series production.
The machine equipment of our technical centre contains various weaving machines from well-known manufactures like Dornier, Picanol and Jakob Müller. They are suitable for the development of technical narrow fabrics, unique Jacquard fabrics and functional dobby woven fabrics up to a width of 160 cm.
Our focus areas are woven structures for e-textile applications but also functional fabrics as technical solution for different requests from the industry e.g. for protective clothing, automotive interior, medical applications and household textiles.
Technical weaving equipment
Laboratory direct beaming machine
- Warping of small sample beams with staple fibre yarns and filament yarns up to 60 cm width
Various narrow fabric and industrial fabric weaving machines
- dobby and jacquard weaving machines
- Leno technology
- Multi-colour weft insertion via air, rapier or needle systems
- Incorporation of conductive threads in warp or weft direction
- Multi-layer fabrics
- Work widths from 50 mm up to 1600 mm
- Special ribbon weaving technologies from Jakob Müller: MultiSphere and rope weaving machine
- Yarn tension measurement technology
- Dust measurement technology