The functionalisation of threads enables new properties of the thread materials to be created using both classic and innovative processes. Adapted to the respective application it is possible to achieve e.g.
- Electrical conductivity in different resistance ranges
- active lighting effects
- photochromic, thermochromic, luminescent or fluorescent features
- physical or safety-related characteristics
- enhanced processing properties for subsequent textile handling processes
- as well as enhanced mechanical and chemical fastness.
Manufacturing processes such as twisting, effect twisting or wrapping can create special threads or effect threads with one or more components. Moreover, the thread surfaces can be changed and influenced by applying coatings. The TITV provides various methods for applying coatings to single threads such as godet technologies.
One of the innovative processes is the C-CVD procedure (Combustion Chemical Vapour Deposition). Using a specially developed system technology, in this process an adhesive layer is applied to different thread materials in order to achieve a permanent link between two different types of material. In the C-CVD procedure (Combustion Chemical Vapour Deposition), a nanoscale SiOx adhesion promoter layer is applied to the threads. In subsequent steps, new functional layers can be applied permanently to this adhesion promoting layer though a chemical bond.
Technical equipment for thread construction
- Twisting machine for laboratory pattern
- Twisting machine for small batches
- Effect twisting machine
- Circular knitting machine
- Covering machines
- Several winding machines
- Several preparation application machines
- Coating machine for single threads incl. drying
- Several drying modules (IR, hot air, UV radiation)
- C-CVD machine incl. precursor metering
- Card winding technology