This technical centre serves to develop and test procedures for the integration of electronic assemblies in and on textiles.
Our work focuses on
- Adaption of electronic components into textile materials,
- Applications of textile microsystem technology,
- Electronic solutions for lighting technology applications,
- Technical layout and control systems for textile heating,
- Data and energy transmission via textile conductive paths,
- Construction and connection technology on textile circuits,
- Development, construction and test of electronic assemblies on textile circuits.
Experts with textile and electronic background are collaboratively developing textiles with various functions and the basic technologies that are needed for this. Such e-textiles or wearable electronics can be applied in automotive engineering, medical industry as well as sport and protective clothing.