The electrotechnical laboratoriy develops processes for the integration of microelectronical units into textiles. Main tasks are:
- Adaption of electronic component into textile materials
- Textile microsystems technology for applications in medical engineering
- Electronical solutions for light application on textile materials
- Textile heatings
- Transfer of energy or data with textile circuit paths
- Textile connection technology on circuit layers for applications for technical textiles, medical engineering, sensors, actuating elements and mechatronics
Applications for functional smart textiles or wearable electronics can be found in the automotive sector, in medicine, and for sportswear or protective clothing. Microelectronical units are directly connected with the conductive fabric. It is the integration of electronics into textiles.